Basic paragliding course
The basic paragliding course offers you the opportunity to become a paraglider pilot. It’s eight-day intensive training, during which you can get the necessary theoretical knowledge (meteorology, aerodynamics, aviation regulations, …) and the practical skills needed for independent flying. The training begins on a training meadow, then flies from a large hill with an elevation of about 400m. Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive a Personal sheet, based on which you can apply for pilot license at the Light Aircraft Association of the Czech Republic.
Courses take place in beautiful surroundings of the Beskydy Mountains. The HQ is our PG Hnízdo in Čeladná. The training will take place first on smaller slopes, one of which lies in the vicinity of the cottage. For flights from a large hill, mainly Ondřejník Skalka, Javorový, Velký Javorník and Straník will be used.
The training is done by experienced instructors, who will guide you through the training using a radio.
If you want to see typical course footage look here…
- 15. 7. 2023 9:00 – 23. 7. 2023 19:00, Beskydy, HNÍZDO, language CZ a EN
- 29. 7. 2023 9:00 – 6. 8. 2023 19:00, Beskydy, HNÍZDO, language CZ a EN
- 26. 8. 2023 9:00 – 3. 9. 2023 19:00, Beskydy, HNÍZDO, language CZ a EN
We will choose by your reqirements the dates of full english teached courses. Please contact us to ask for date.
How much it is?
10 800 CZK / 470 €
The basic language of the training is the Czech language. In the case of an agreement, you can also train in English. Course in a foreign language is subject to a surcharge of 3 000 CZK/130 €.
The course price includes
- Rental of complete equipment for paragliding, parachute, helmet, radio, third-party liability insurance
- Leadership with experienced instructors
- Transport to flight sites according to club van supply capacity
- Club t-shirt
- Learning materials
The course price is not included
- Accommodation (see course accommodation)
- Fees for cableways or lift ups except club van
- Fees for issuing a pilot licence
How do I sign up?
If you have decided to take part in the basic course, you need to do the following:
- Fill on-line entry form
- Download and print Personal sheet
- Fill in the following items on the Personal sheet:
- Name and surname
- Phone number
- Birth number or date of birth
- In to “Středisko pilotního výcviku” field – fill “Studentská škola paraglidingu”
- If you are less than 18 years old, a parent’s consent is required on your personal card to be certified by the municipal office or a notary. The minimum age for attendance at the course is 15 years, maximum age is not limited.
- Make sure you have a medical check-up
A medical check-up can be done with your GP or a licensed aviation doctor. Eligibility must be indicated on a Personal sheet by a doctor. The price of doctors may vary considerably. If you don’t have the check we will arrange it with our doctor.
- Pay course deposit
In order to take part in the course, it is necessary to pay a deposit of 2 000 CZK / 87 € (accommodation reservation, …). If you pay for a prepayment, the course capacity may be exhausted. Pay the deposit to accounts:
CZK: 2500063381/2010, IBAN: CZ9520100000002500063381, SWIFT: FIOBCZPPXXX
EUR: 2300137542/2010, IBAN: CZ3120100000002300137542, SWIFT: FIOBCZPPXXX
as a variable symbol, enter your birth number or date of birth. You will be notified by email.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at: +420 608 811 699 or by email kamil<závináč>pghnizdo.cz