EXOS is a performance XC paraglider from our SPORT-LINE series.
It is a fully technologically loaded glider weighing only 4.05 kg in medium size which balances precision handling, stability and performance, together with a confidence inspiring ride.
EXOS is a three liner design incorporating LEO (Leading Edge Optimization) design and Triple 3D shaping on a moderate aspect ratio platform.
It is a glider which is designed to provide the skilled XC hungry pilot real potential to excel, whilst remaining both a practical & honest performance EN C category glider.
- penetrating & efficient glide
- efficient climbing ability
- smooth intuitive handling
- C riser controls
- composite leading edge
- low weight
Each glider is delivered with:
- EYRIE bag
- SKY SLIM BAG SL concertina style bag
- SKY TEAM T-SHIRT
- repair tape and multi tool
- SKY USB flash stick manual
|Flat area (m2)||20.78||22.12||23.38||24.88|
|Flat span (m)||11.53||11.90||12.23||12.62|
|Flat aspect ratio||6.40||6.40||6.40||6.40|
|Projected surface (m2)||18.24||19.42||20.53||21.84|
|Projected span (m)||9.47||9.78||10.05||10.37|
|Projected aspect ratio||4.92||4.92||4.92||4.92|
|Number of cells||65||65||65||65|
|Glider weight (kg)||3.90||4.05||4.20||4.40|
|Take-off weight (kg)||65-85||75-95||85-105||95-120|
|Certification||EN / LTF C||EN / LTF C||EN / LTF C||EN / LTF C|
- Product description
- Technical Data
- Custom Colours
- R&D team comments
As well as enhancing EXOS’S performance by utilizing our latest design technology, high quality materials and manufacturing processes, it was equally important to us that we design EXOS as a practical and also user friendly glider.
Chief designer Alexandre Paux takes up the story;
“Based on a 6.4 aspect ratio platform, she is not extreme, yet we were able to reach extremely good levels of performance whilst coming with an honest glider within the C performance class to suit to the skilled XC pilot.”
“Our continuous R & D work and attention to detail with line materials means we deliver EXOS with an optimized line set up with regards to practicality, performance and strength (including working strength over the life of the glider) by blending sheathed lower lines with unsheathed upper lines of varying diameters.”
Here at Sky Paragliders we believe that precise and predictable handling allows the pilot to extract the performance from within the wing and thus more able to fully apply himself to the task of flying well, resulting in longer, safer and happier flights.
Sky Team designer Cyprian Koren explains how this works for him.
“For me, the real performance and safety is derived, not only from an efficient wing but one that enables me to access & extract comfortably the full potential that lies within. I need a wing that communicates well but without being over fussy. A wing that is too dead can create a false sense of security. EXOS is designed to be balanced and informative. When I hit the bar on that long transition I want to feel that the wing is content, yet tells me when to adjust pitch & pressure. When I enter the rough small thermal, I want to know that I can quickly & precisely increase my bank angle to exploit every last drop of available lift. You could say that usable performance increases my performance and the EXOS’S design certainly has been designed to allow for this.”
One of the contributors which bring our well known handling characteristics and predictable recovery behavior is the low weight of the wing.
Michal Sotek, Sky technologist explains;
“We know that every gram that we can save on the wing is a step forward to improving handling and security. Lowering inertia in the wing is extremely important. We have used SKYTEX 32 for both top and bottom surfaces offering lightness & durability. The internal structure of EXOS is a blend of SKYTEX 40 g for diagonals and tension tapes with SKYTEX 32 g for main and mini rib profiles. A combination which offers stability, strength and lightness throughout the internal structure of the wing. The result of which is a 4.05 g M size glider that remains practical for regular use.”
Customise the colours of your SKY glider
To design your own glider, use the tool at the producer website. When you have decided on your own unique colour scheme COPY the name of glider and colours picked (e.g. EXOS: blue / pink / black) into your order. ANY colour combination is available.
Gliders with personalised colours are available only at extra cost. The delivery time depends on the load of the workshop and may vary depending.
Enjoy the look of your unique SKY glider!
- Panels: NCV Skytex 70032 1580 E3W (universal 32 g/m2), Porcher Sport, France
- Leading edge: NCV Skytex 70032 1580 E3W (universal 32 g/m2), Porcher Sport, France
- Diagonals & tension tapes: NCV Skytex 9017 1580 E29A (hard finish 40 g/m2) Porcher Sport, France
- Ribs & mini ribs: NCV skytex 70032 1580 E4D (hard finish 32 g/m2), Porcher Sport, France
- Upper cascade: LIROS DC000-0060 – diameter 0.6 mm, unsheathed, coated Dyneema ®, LIROS,Germany
- Middle cascade: COUSIN TRESTIC Vectraline ultimate 12210 – diameter 0.9 mm, unsheathed, coated, Cousin Trestec, France
- Lower lines: LIROS PPSL 200 / 160 / 120 sheathed Dyneema ® – diameters 1.42 / 1.4 / 1.15 mm, LIROS, Germany
- Brake lines upper: LIROS DC000-0060 unsheathed, coated Dyneema ® – diameter 0.6 mm, LIROS, Germany
- Main brake lines: EDELRID 7850-100 / 7850-200 sheathed Dyneema ® – diameters 1.2 / 1.7 mm, EDELRID, Germany
- Webbing: 13 mm polyester; Mouka Tišnov, Czech Republic
- Maillons: 3.5 Delta; Peguet, France
- Pulleys: ball bearing Orbit S20, Ronstan, Australia