Sometimes we Hike and Fly off the beaten track, sometimes we need to fit our gear into airline-size hand luggage, often – when flying Vol Bivouac – we need the glider to get us over a seemingly endless stretch of a forested area with no option to land. Which is why we designed – KEA 2; a light-weight, durable, safe, high-performance wing which is efficient in thermals, safe in rough air and a real pleasure to fly.
Why do pilots like KEA 2?
- It is a highly versatile, light-weight wing, perfect for travelling, Hike and Fly, Vol Bivouac and Vol et Ski.
- KEA 2 is a full-size glider (24.9 m2 in size M). It performs way better than its predecessor KEA, thanks to many design improvements.
- Its lightness is achieved by using light materials and by smart designing techniques in the canopy´s inner structure.
- It has excellent take-off characteristics which will give you peace of mind if you encounter a tricky take off in even trickier conditions.
- KEA 2 is a glider with a special touch, direct handling and excellent dynamics. It is a real fun-to-fly paraglider that is very efficient in thermals.
- KEA´s 2 dedicated inner bag helps to pack the canopy really small and makes it a perfect companion for travelling by plane (5.8 kg for Kea 2 M + CRUX with X-Airbag + Sky Lite L).
The main distinctive features are:
- EN/LTF A certified glider with lots of passive safety;
- Smart line plan makes for easy pre-flight checking;
- Only 2.95 kg in M size;
- Five sizes to cover take-off weights from 55 to 125 kg.
- The leading edge is reinforced by a combination of Hypalon rods and mini Nylon reinforcements for smooth take-offs and high durability.
Each glider is delivered with:
- EYRIE Light. 750 g light backpack with well cushioned back, shoulder and waist parts for more comfort. Conveniently placed pockets.
- T-shirt SKY TEAM. In Sky, a T-shirt gets as much attention as a paraglider or harness. T-shirts are designed, produced and printed in the house; in our manufacturing facility in the Czech Republic. They are made of cotton and bamboo fibres for comfort and durability.
- Light Inner Bag.
- Handy kit – a glider repair kit for quick repairs. Multifunctional tool and repair patches of SKYTEX.
- USB flash drive with manuals and Sky Paragliders photos and videos.
|Flat area (m2)||21.82||23.31||24.9||26.59||28.4|
|Flat span (m)||10.39||10.74||11.1||11.47||11.86|
|Flat aspect ratio||4.95||4.95||4.95||4.95||4.95|
|Projected surface (m2)||19.35||20.67||22.08||23.58||25.19|
|Projected span (m)||8.59||8.88||9.18||9.48||9.8|
|Projected aspect ratio||3.81||3.81||3.81||3.81||3.81|
|Number of cells||46||46||46||46||46|
|Weight of the glider (kg)||2.76||2.85||2.95||3.05||3.15|
|Teake-off weight (kg)||55-70||64-81||74-94||85-108||99-125|
|Certification||EN/LTF B||EN/LTF A||EN/LTF A||EN/LTF A||EN/LTF A|
Note: When you have decided on your own unique colour scheme COPY the name of glider and colours picked (e.g. GAIA 2: Blue / White / White) into your order. ANY colour combination is available.
- Leading egde: Skytex 32 Universal; Porcher Sport, France
- Upper and lower surface: Skytex 27 Classic; Porcher Sport, France
- Ribs and diagonals: Skytex 32 Hard; Porcher Sport, France
- Upper gallery: Top line ultimate 16175 (Dyneema ®); Cousin, France
- Lower galleries: PPSL 160 (1.4 mm) and PPSL 200 (1.42 mm), Dyneema ® covered lines; LIROS, Germany
- Brake lines: 7850-080 (1.0 mm) and 7850-200 (1.6 mm), Dyneema ® covered lines; EDELRID, Germany