Apollo 2 light is redesigned Apollo 2 with lightweight support and a modified internal structure. Our aim was to increase the performance while reducing the weight and drag of the glider. How did we do it? By employing a proven mix of lightweight materials and designing thinner lines in the top and middle galleries.
Apollo 2 light is a performance paraglider from our light line series, ideal for XC and hike&fly adventures.
It is a very compact and safe wing weighing only 3.55 kg in medium size. With Apollo 2 light, you can fully enjoy your air adventures: it features a very easy take-off, highly efficient thermalling, and its light canopy enhances comfort and performance. During long-distance flights, you can reach higher speeds and minimum sink.
Together with Skylighter 4 harness, they make a perfect team for long flights.
The main distinctive features are:
- even higher comfort, safety, efficiency and performance of the glider
- high passive safety level
- upgraded lightweight materials for good weight to durability ratio
- very easy take-off
- LEO (Leading Edge Optimization) design makes the composite nose highly structured and formed, but still light, and allows pilots easy take-offs
- the Triple 3D cut ensures a clean and highly efficient profile with excellent internal pressure values throughout the speed range that remains simple to launch, highly durable and yet easy to pack
- three riser helps pilots sort out the lines and makes the pre-flight check faster and easier
- Hypalon & Nylon rod nose construction minimizes tendencies to collapses
Each glider is delivered with:
- EYRIE LIGHT
- T-shirt SKY TEAM. In Sky, a T-shirt gets as much attention as a paraglider. T-shirts are designed, cut, sewn and printed by us, in our manufacturing facility in the Czech Republic. They are made of cotton and bamboo fibres for comfort and durability.
- SKY SLIM BAG SL. We realise that easy packing at the end of a good flight is essential to finish off the day in good spirits. Sky Slim makes it as easy and as simple as possible and the bag offers the ability to pack compact if desired.
- Handy kit – a glider repair kit for quick repairs. It contains a versatile tool and self-adhesive SKYTEX.
- USB flash drive with manuals and a choice of Sky Paragliders photos and videos.
|APOLLO 2 light||XS||S||M||L||XL|
|Flat area (m2)||21.97||23.47||25.7||26.78||28.6|
|Flat span (m)||11.08||11.45||11.84||12.23||12.64|
|Flat aspect ratio||5.59||5.59||5.59||5.59||5.59|
|Projected surface (m2)||19.8||20.38||21.77||23.25||24.84|
|Projected span (m)||8.98||9.29||9.6||9.92||10.25|
|Projected aspect ratio||4.23||4.23||4.23||4.23||4.23|
|Number of cells||55||55||55||55||55|
|Weight of the glider (kg)||3.25||3.40||3.55||3.75||3.95|
|Take-off weight (kg)||50-70||64-81||74-94||85-108||99-125|
|Certification||EN / LTF B|
- Panels: Skytex 27g Classic; Porcher Sport, France.
- Leading edge: Skytex 32g universal; Porcher Sport, France.
- Ribs and diagonals: Skytex 32g Hard; Porcher Sport, France.
- Upper cascade: LIROS DC, Germany.
- Middle cascade: Cousin Vectraline, France.
- Lower lines: Cousin PPSL, France.
- Main brake lines: EDELRID 7850, Germany.
- Strap: 13 mm polyester strap, Mouka Tišnov, Czech Republic
- Maillons: 3.5 Normal Inox, Peguet, France